Graphic designer Stefan Sagmeister takes the you on a whimsical journey through moments of his life that made him happy, and notes how many of these moments have to do with good design.
After watching this video I realized that I always do my best work when I am happy. If I try to design in a bad mood my project never turns out to be the best it can. I hope this inspires you to find the things in life things that make you happy and in turn helps you be a better designer.
A few tips to stay happy while designing.
1. Think about the ideas and content freely with the deadline far away.
2. Try to work without interruption on a single project.
3. Use a wide variety of tools and techniques.
4. Get out of the studio and travel to new places. (even if it is just down the street)
5. Work on project that matter to you.
6. Have things come back that are done well and enjoy the end results.
So how does being happy affect you when designing or working on a project?