If you are currently using WordPress for iOS or are one of the disappointed users who tried it and immediately deleted the old thing within 5 minutes…you have to check out the latest version to hit the App store. I have already downloaded the app and have to say it’s a big improvement from the dinosaur that came before.
It’s a whole new WordPress for a whole new platform. WordPress for iOS, version 2.6, is now optimized to take advantage of the iPad’s new user interface, making blogging from your device even easier than ever before. Download it from the App Store today or read more about it on the WordPress for iOS website.
A short list of reasons why this is the best version yet include:
- Video. Record, upload, attach, and play videos within the app. Yay for being able to catch your friends’ and co-workers’ most
embarrassing shenaniganscreative moments with iPhone video and publish them immediately for all the world to see on your WordPress site.
- A total rewrite of the way local drafts are handled, to prevent the unintentional loss of your pending posts.
- Autosave/post revisions. Bam! One of the “oh, thank goodness” features of the web app makes it into the iOS version.
- Easier setup. Faster and easier process for adding your sites to the app.
- Media Library. We’re gradually getting closer to the media management you’re used to in the web app.
***Please note: Some users are reporting an error message related to login information after installing this update. If you get an error message related to your username and password but are sure your information is correct, please remove the app from your iOS device and do a clean install. Be sure to convert any Local Drafts to online posts before removing the app. The developers are working on a 2.6.1 bugfix release to be submitted soon.